We're happy to announce that the Google Mapplets documentation has been given a makeover similar to that which the main Google Maps API documentation underwent in September. We took this opportunity to greatly expand documentation for Mapplets and add many more relevant examples. In specific, we tried to convert all existing Maps API examples (where applicable) to their Mapplet equivalents.
As with the main Maps API, we hope the documentation makes it easier to read, understand, and find information. The original "Concepts and Examples" file has been split up into 5 sections:
- guide.html (how to create and publish Mapplets)
- basics.html (a Mapplets "Hello World" tutorial)
- events.html (the Mapplets event model)
- overlays.html (markers, polylines, tiles, etc.)
- services.html (web communication services)
So, if you haven't tried out Mapplets before, give them a shot. The ability to share your application via the main maps.google.com website is a terrific draw.
If you have any feedback or questions on the new documentation, please post in theMaps API forum. Happy Mappleteering!